Pictures from the tour
What to expect in this tour
If you prefer the convenience to enjoy Westman islands in a more personal and private way our guided private tour may be the best option.
Privately guided tour in a small van/car that will take you around the whole Westman islands with a local guide.
We start the tour by picking you up, on your request and then we will head on to sprangan, where your guide will show you his amazing local skills.
Spranga is like swinging in a rope from the cliff.
You will get to explore the whole island and witness, for example, Icelandic sheeps, horses and puffins. In this tour, you will go to all the hot spots in Heimaey such as: Herjólfsdalur, Skansinn, Stórhöfði (the windiest place in Europe) and get to hear the amazing stories about our beautiful island and see the culture of the islander.
We will drive in the middle of the volcano Eldfell, where it all started and you will get to hear the whole story of the eruption 1973 and your guide will tell you his personal story of how the eruption affected his family back then.
This private tour is an excellent for those who want to experience Westman islands in the best available comfort.
- Sprangan – where you can see your guide do the islander local acrobatic
- Stórhöfði – the windiest place in Europe with loads of puffins and other seabirds
- Eldfell – you will be in the middle of a volcano
- Elephant rock – you will see the famous elephant rock
- Herjólfsdalur – you will see the ruins of the farmhouse of the first settler of Westman islands
- Skansinn – you will see the wooden viking church
- Pick-up & Drop-off
- Personal Guide
- Tour length: 1,5 – 2 hours
- This private tour is excellent for those who want to experience Westman Islands in the best available comfort.
This tour takes you to many of Westman islands best natural phenomena and is designed for those who want to experience Westman islands in more comfort and personal way.