Ribsafari: One Hour Small Islands Trip
This is the most popular tour of Ribsafari in the Westman Islands
Highlights: Cave Adventure, Extraordinary caves, Puffins, beautiful Landscape, Direct sense of Nature, biggest elephant in the world
5 magnificent caves and the biggest elephant head in the world
This tour is for nature explorers and gives you endless photo opportunities. Some people say that this is the coolest way to see the birds and caves of the Westman Islands – racing on the waves at high speeds.
You will be entering some of the beautiful caves from the sea, you may expect to see a lot of gulls (all year) , puffins (may-sept) , orcas/ killer whales (July) or sometimes other whales (the whole year). The tour is with a specialized guide who is knowledgeable about the Westman Islands and cautious about safety.
The tour is taken on a very powerful Rib boat and it takes you to explore 5 sea caves, sail around the small islands. You can expect to see a lot of birds and sometimes even whales. This trip will get your adrenaline running.
- -Caution: This trip is not suitable for people with back/neck injury nor for pregnant women.
- -Age limit: Children have to be 5 years or older.
- -Available:15ht of April – 1st November
- -Meeting point: Harbour in Heimaey, close to the ferry Herjolfur.
- -Duration: 60 minutes
- -Operated: Daily
- -Minimum: 5 people per trip (Notice we gather 5 or more passengers into a group)
- Time Schedule:
- -15. April to 1. May at 2 pm
- -1. May to 1. June at 11 am and 2 pm
- -1. June to 31. August at 11 am, 2 pm and 4 pm
- -In July we also have trips at 6 pm
Note: This trip leaves from Westman Islands harbor (not from Landeyjahöfn). Please consider that all trips are depending on weather conditions and wildlife
“Best tour in our 15-day tour of Iceland!” – TripAdvisor