Pictures from the Puffin and volcano tour
What to expect in this tour
If you prefer the convenience to enjoy Westman Islands in a more personal and private way our 2 hour guided private tour may be the best option.
Privately guided tour in a Mercedes V-class that can accommodate up to 5 passengers (from 1-5 persons). All our guides are born and raised on Westman Islands (Vestmannaeyjar) and live here with their families.
We can start the tour wherever it suits you best, many of our guest prefer to start when the arrive with the Herjólfur Ferry which is convenient if you are visiting our island for the first time.
If you have any special wishes on what you would like to see or explore in this private tour then feel free to share it with our guide but here are the places we recommend visiting on this private tour around Westman Islands
- Sprangan is a training station for rope swinging when men descended and collected eggs from nest
- Stórhöfði (Great Cape) – is one of the windiest place in Europe with loads of puffins and other seabirds
- Eldfell is the Volcano that erupted in 1973 and today the lava fields is still varm
- Elephant rock is the most famous landmark of the islands and you might have seen photos of it on Social Media
- Herjólfsdalur (The Valley) is best know for the large music festical that has been held for most years since 1874
- Skansinn is an area that is rich in history and also has the wooden viking church
- Pick-up & Drop-off
- Personal Guide
- Tour length: 2 hours
This tour takes you to many of Westman Islands best natural phenomena and is designed for those who want to experience Westman islands in more comfort and personal way.
Tour length: 2 hours
This private tour is an excellent choice for those who want to experience Westman islands in the best available comfort