Pictures from the tour
What to expect in this tour
Experience the Westman island on a friendly and personal way with your local guide that will take you around the whole island. We start by going to Sprangan, where your guide will show you his amazing local skills. Spranga is like swinging in a rope from the cliff.
You will get to explore the whole island and witness for example Icelandic sheeps, horses and puffin. In this tour you will go to all the hot spots in Heimaey such as: Herjólfsdalur, Skansinn, Stórhöfði (the windiest place in Europe) and get to hear the amazing stories about our beautiful island and see the culture of the islander. We will drive in the middle of the volcano Eldfell, where it all started and you will get to hear the whole story of the eruption 1973 and your guide will tell you his personal story of how the eruption affected his family back then.
- Sprangan – where you can see your guide do the islander local acrobatic
- Stórhöfði – the windiest place in Europe with loads of puffins and other seabirds
- Eldfell – you will be in the middle of a volcano
- Elephant rock – you will see the famous elephant rock
- Herjólfsdalur -you will get an exclusive visit to see the ruins of the farmhouse of the first settler of Westman islands
- Skansinn– you will see the old wooden viking church
- Passenger: Min 4
- Tour length: 1,5 – 2 hours
- Season: 9.September – 30.April
Please consider that all trips are depending on weather conditions and wildlife sighting cannot be guaranteed.