Ribsafari: Two Hour Round Trip
A trip to remember as you will see “everything”. A 2 hour sailing in Vestmannaeyjar on a RIB speedboat.
In this amazing tour, you will circle Westman Islands and some of the smaller islands like Álsey, Suðurey, Branduralong with exploring 6 amazing sea caves. On your way, you will see the world biggest elephant (elephant in the sea), a cannonball from the Turkish Invasion and much much more.
On your circle tour, you will also see a lot of birds (puffins also) and you might get lucky and get to see some seals and even some whales. In good sea conditions, we might even sail to Súlnasker which is without a doubt the most magnificent island/skerry in Westman Islands.
The Circle tour around Vestmannaeyjar takes about 120 minutes in a RibSafari boat.
Please keep in mind that each trip requires minimum 5 passengers in total (a full refund is of course made if the minimum requirements are not met)
Tour length: About 120 minutes
- Caution: This trip is not suitable for people with back/neck injury nor for pregnant women.
- Age limit: Children have to be 5 years or older.
- Available:15th of April – 1st November
- Meeting point: Harbour in Heimaey (Westman Islands), close to the ferry Herjolfur.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Operated: Daily
- Minimum: 5 people per trip (Notice we gather 5 or more passangers into a group)Time Schedule:
- 15. April to 1. May at 2 pm
- 1. May to 1. June 11 am og 2 pm
- 1. June to 31. August at 11 am, 2 pm, 4 pm
- In July we also have trips at 6 pm
- Note: This trip leaves from Westman Islands harbor (not from Landeyjahöfn).
- Please consider that all trips are depending on weather conditions and wildlife
“This is a MUST when you’re travelling in Iceland.” -tripadvisor