Pictures from the Puffin and volcano tour
What to expect in this tour
Puffin and Volcano Tour is one of our most popular tour for those who are here on a day trip in Westman Islands
We drive around the Island in our minibus and tell you all about the history of the Westman Islands. This is not your typical minibus tour where you just sit inside the whole time you will be getting in and out of the bus to explore each stop with our local guide.
We take you to “sprangan”, a local sport in Heimaey, where our local guide will show you his amazing skills. Spranga is like scaling and swinging on a rope in the cliffs.
In this tour, we will go to valley Herjolfsdalur and also go to Stórhofdi (the windiest place in Europe) to see our amazing puffin colony. We will also drive in the middle of Eldfell the volcano where the eruption started.
- Stórhöfði – (the windiest place in Europe where you can see puffins)
- Eldfell – Be in the middle of the Volcano where it all started
- Sprangan – Local sport in Heimaey, where your guide will show you his skills -and how it works
- Herjólfsdalur – Exclusive visit to Herjólfstown, where the first viking family settled on Westman Islands.
- Elephant Rock – You will get to see the famous Elephant Rock
– Min. 4 passengers
–Meeting point: Harbor in Heimaey, close to the ferry Herjolfur.
-Tour duration: Time of tour is about 90 – 120 minutes.
– Season: 1.May– 8.September
– – – If you are travelling outside these dates then this tour is available in slightly different form here: The highlights of Westman Islands
Note: Please consider that all trips are depending on weather conditions and wildlife sighting cannot be guaranteed.